Epson R2880: Roll Paper and Borderless Prints

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by NStocks, Apr 12, 2011.

1. NStocks macrumors 65816

Hi,

I've recently purchased roll paper for my epson R2880 (13" roll) and before I commit to print, I would like advice on any preparations that need to be considered first.

Which program works 'correctly' to print borderless and as long as 2400mm? (I have the Creative Suite 5). Can I print just fine from Photoshop/InDesign or must I use the Epson Print utility (which isn't very good).

Whatever document size I set up in the application, will the printer add a margin to this or crop it, even if roll borderless is selected in the print options?

Thank You

2. jmrnavydoc macrumors newbie

jmrnavydoc

You should be able to print borderless in photoshop CS5. Go to File>Print...>Print Settings... From there, you should be able to choose Super B 13"x19" > roll paper, borderless. The program should not add a border unless you specify. Max pano is 13"x44" (i don't know why the limit on length). Hope it works... let us know

3. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

So for my document, do I need to set up the canvas size as 13"x19"? Then, whichever space my images do not occupy will be left blank (unprinted?)

Thank You, I'll be printing tomorrow

4. jmrnavydoc macrumors newbie

jmrnavydoc

you could do it one of a couple ways:
    1) set canvas/image size to 13x19 and print
    2) in print.. dialog box, set "scale to fit media" and PS will zoom pic to paper size

Option 1 is probably best

good luck

5. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

I was just about ready to print but have run into a dilemma.

In print settings, the paper is showing up as a width of 482mm. My document is 1200mm. Is there a limit to the paper size/document size?

I don't want to print out half the document because the paper is fairly expensive...

Thank You

Attached Files:

6. jmrnavydoc macrumors newbie

jmrnavydoc

When you are in Print Settings and you can choose your Paper Size, go to the bottom and select Manage Custom Sizes. From there, you can make it any size you want. You should then be able to see a preview on the Print dialog box with your image and new paper size to make sure it fits how you like it.

7. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

I've recently found that info and on screen everything looks fine.

The printer keeps saying the media is jammed, which it is not. Also when I print, it's not coming out how it appears on screen. There's something definitely wrong with loading it though.

Thank you

8. PeterSLangston macrumors newbie

I have a similar problem. When I select the 13"x19" printer option with my roll paper and then try to print something 24" long it truncates it at 19" -- nowhere do I find an explanation of how to print something longer than 19"... Help?