EPSON R300 Paper type selection

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bigvern, Jan 10, 2009.

1. bigvern macrumors member

Hi there, Just bought my first mac (imac) and have installed my epson r300 printer using the disc that came with the printer. I have had the printer for about 4 years now.

The problem I have on my PC you got the option to select paper type ie plain, photo, matt etc;. On my mac I cannot seem to find the option. I have tried page setup, print preview etc; no look

Any help would be appreciated as I am new to macs

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Well not sure if this is it or not, but when printers are first installed on Macs, the printer dialog box is often set to the "basic" mode (as seen in "A" in the shot below) which is fine for basic printing, but clicking on the downward facing arrow button as indicated will reveal the full more standard print dialog.

Normally the paper type selectors and other options are in some of the sub-choices in the indicated pull down menu in "B" (in the case of the Epson RX680 paper types are selected under "Media Type" in the Print Settings section of that pulldown).

Attached Files:

3. bigvern thread starter macrumors member

Your a hero

You are spot on !!!! found it now. Got to say very impressed with my imac so far. Just got to get xp out of my head when I use it

Thanks

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Glad to hear it was that simple! ;) Good luck with your iMac- I'm sure you will like it more the more you use it!