Epson R300 Printing issues...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by M3G4, May 4, 2007.

1. M3G4 macrumors regular

Hey all,

Just replaced my dell PC with an iMac, after owning a macbook. Right now, I'm not desperately pleased with my purchase - so far the thing won't even boot very quickly with USB drives connected, and now no matter how hard I try I cannot get the stupid machine to print photos Borderless on my Epson R300. I've tried lots of different settings (custom paper sizes, different paper settings in the driver, custom settings in photoshop) to no avail.

What else can I do aside from buying a new printer? :confused:

2. jaglad macrumors member

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem, you need to install the borderless printer driver to get borderless prints. The Epson mac drivers leave a lot to be desired, why you just cant choose borderless from the print settings box like on windows I dont know.

Anyway the way I found to do it, was go to System Preferences > Print and Fax, click on the little + button. As long as the Epson printer is on it will appear in the list.

Click on the printer and then choose the More Printers button, in the printer browser box the printer should be listed, click on it and the in the Page Setup drop down you should be able to choose Sheet Feeder - Borderless, choose Add, the printer driver should then install.

When wanting to print borderless prints just make sure you choose the borderless print driver before printing!

Hope that helps.