Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FRANRAYMUNDO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
I have an Imac G5, MAC OSX 10.6.4 I need to install an Epson Perfection 1670 Scanner, I followed instructions in software, but when I open photoshop does NOT shows in the TWAIN menu, instead appears a different Scanner. The Desktop displays the Epson panel to initiate the software, but does not shows the scanner in photoshop. How can I deactivate the previous scanner and install the new scanner in the TWAIN menu? (please send me advise to my E-mail: franraymundo@hotmail.com

steveki

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2011
Australia
me too

I am interested in repsonses to your post. As I also have a Epson1670 which although installed is not performing well with my macbook Pro OSX 10.6.8. I can use it but NOT through Photoshop NOT with the inbuilt scanner buttons and it also loses its connection frequently. I have to disconect USB and restart image capture. I also cannot achieve good clarity scans and need to adjust levels with PS on every scan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.