Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

colind.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2014
Can someone please advise me on a Epson perfection 1670 “Driver” suitable for an IMac with Mavericks X OS? The original disc does not work & drivers from Epsom site are the same. Please be kind as I am not very computer literate & have celebrated my 73rd birthday. Many Thanks Regards,

BESLC

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2010
Have you tried adding the scanner from System Preferences/ Printers and Scanners? The Apple driver library is pretty extensive and usually up to date.

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
Can someone please advise me on a Epson perfection 1670 “Driver” suitable for an IMac with Mavericks X OS? The original disc does not work & drivers from Epsom site are the same. Please be kind as I am not very computer literate & have celebrated my 73rd birthday. Many Thanks Regards,

In addition, you can use Image Capture which is already pre-installed on your computer. IMHO it's much more reliable than the apps the printer/scanner manufacuters supply.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA

I have an Epson XP-610, and Image Capture dos an excellent job.

Never apologize for being an old codger...I'm just a few years younger than you. Just feel free to tell these children to show the proper respect!:cool:

:D ;)

drsox

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2011
Xhystos
I have an Epson XP-610, and Image Capture dos an excellent job.

Never apologize for being an old codger...I'm just a few years younger than you. Just feel free to tell these children to show the proper respect!:cool:

:D ;)

Right On !

colind.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2014
Thank you all

Please accept my apologies for my long delay in responding to your replies. I have found the app in system prefs as suggested and its working good. Again I would like to express my sincere thanks for the guidence sugeested in solving the problem.

The delay in thanking all was caused by a short visit to the hospital & the old grey matter not up to speed.

I wish Good fortune to all & gratitude.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.