Epson scanner

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by colind., Feb 7, 2014.

1. colind. macrumors newbie

Can someone please advise me on a Epson perfection 1670 “Driver” suitable for an IMac with Mavericks X OS? The original disc does not work & drivers from Epsom site are the same. Please be kind as I am not very computer literate & have celebrated my 73rd birthday. Many Thanks Regards,

2. BESLC macrumors regular

Have you tried adding the scanner from System Preferences/ Printers and Scanners? The Apple driver library is pretty extensive and usually up to date.

3. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

In addition, you can use Image Capture which is already pre-installed on your computer. IMHO it's much more reliable than the apps the printer/scanner manufacuters supply.

4. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I have an Epson XP-610, and Image Capture dos an excellent job.

Never apologize for being an old codger...I'm just a few years younger than you. Just feel free to tell these children to show the proper respect!:cool:

:D ;)

5. drsox macrumors 65816

drsox

Right On !

6. colind. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you all

Please accept my apologies for my long delay in responding to your replies. I have found the app in system prefs as suggested and its working good. Again I would like to express my sincere thanks for the guidence sugeested in solving the problem.

The delay in thanking all was caused by a short visit to the hospital & the old grey matter not up to speed.

I wish Good fortune to all & gratitude.