Epson + Snow Leopard Support

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by GoCubsGo, Aug 28, 2009.

1. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Epson sent out a blast e-mail presumably to people who have registered printer products with them. Having 2 of their printers I was concerned myself about compatability, namely for the one that will cost hundreds to replace.

Following this link will take you to the step by step instructions on how to obtain the latest software and utilities for your Epson product.

Hopefully our printers/scanners/fax will be the very least of our worries with SL. ;)

2. intensem1dh macrumors newbie

3. owlscat macrumors newbie

Older Epson scanners...

My Epson Perfection 1250 wasn't among those listed in the Snow Leopard upgrade support software. I'm waiting to hear back from Epson Tech support about an OS 10.6 driver, and when I do, I will share it with the group.

4. londonmystery macrumors 6502

londonmystery

Have an Epson Stylus SX405. I have had it a while but never connected to my new uMBP. Its not listed on the above link but is working perfectly through my Airport Express.. :):)

5. matthewtoney macrumors regular

matthewtoney

I have an Epson ActionLaser CX11NF and an Epson Artisan 800 - both are working great in Snow Leopard.

6. giordano1600 macrumors newbie

Hi Matthew,

Do you mean that you did not install any new drivers from the Epson site to get your CX11NF working?

Mine doesn't ...

Best regards,
    Giordano

7. whyrichard macrumors 68000

has anyone gotten an Epson Perfection 3200 Photo Scanner working in Snow Leopard?

thanks,
    r

8. johnnj macrumors 6502a

I have a 3800 printer. The same driver version that I've been using since Sept '08 still works with 10.6.

I also have a 4990 scanner which is the same deal. Old driver, works fine in SL.

John

9. leemyd macrumors newbie

Epson CX11NF

I downloaded a driver from Epson Europe site with a version dated Sept. 09 since the US Epson site did not have a 10.6 Snow Leopard option. It prints but it always gives me a paper size error. Checked all settings both my computer and the printer but to no avail. It continues to print in A4 format and you have to press 'Start' for each page to print. Hence, I use my other computer (Windows Vista) to print, with no problem. Tried to download the 10.5 driver on US Epson site but can't since I've installed a later version.

10. pixelpixy macrumors newbie

Let there be light

I resolved my issues with my epson scanner by using VueScan
    Here is the link:
    http://www.hamrick.com/
    I would rather pay 40.00 and get my $1000.00 scanner not be a dust collector.
    All the best

Pixel

11. pprior macrumors 65816

I also have this "press start each time" error and now my epson keeps dropping off the network. It shows no IP address from network settings print page even though it's set to "auto" (DHCP I assume).

Epson support really blows for snow leopard. I saw the latest news on 10.6.3 mentioned "increase support for 3rd party printers" {side note: is there anything but??} so I'm praying that will fix the problem.

CX11NF here - doesn't work under snow leopard.

12. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

What can anyone say about the new Epson printer drivers? The last batch of new drivers didn't seem to work and I'm using a generic driver now to print to my Epson RX595. I'm not prepared to roll the dice again.

mt

13. skorpien macrumors 68020

That's very odd that you'd have such trouble. I have the same printer (RX595) using the Epson driver on 10.6.2 with no issues from both of my Macs.