EPSON SX515W not working over wireless

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by thedon1, Aug 12, 2010.

1. thedon1 macrumors 6502

I have an epson SX515W which i got with my new mac yesterday.

I set it up as a wireless printer and when i try to print it says printer is offline.

Any help on this issue?

2. Jenko macrumors regular

i have a HP wireless photosmart printer and i have the same issue i can not print wirelessly. did you have any success yet?

3. thedon1 thread starter macrumors 6502

I got it working.

If you go to system settings, then printers, on the left there should be an icon with your printer name.

Underneath that section there's a plus and a minus. The Plus will add a printer. Give it a few seconds and it will load your printer and say tcp or something like that.

Select that one then remove the old printer. Mines started working when i did that.

4. skorpien macrumors 68020

Glad to hear you got it working.

If I could provide some clarification for those reading in the future, you should always re-add the printer if you're using a different protocol to connect to it. When you installed it initially, it was set up as a USB printer. Connecting to it through your network requires a new installation of the printer as the Mac was still looking for a USB connected printer when you tried to print.

5. Cartman2012 macrumors newbie

This one simple task fixed the problem for me - and I was about to go through reams of network setup docs! :)

Many thanks!