ePubs now Audiobooks in iTunes 12.3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nicolaselhani, Oct 1, 2015.

1. nicolaselhani macrumors newbie

Hello,

I just wanted to put it out there for all those that are wandering what happened to a bunch of their books.

If you have an iBooks collection on your Mac, and want to sync to an iOS device, all books in your iBooks database that are NOT purchased through the iBookstore (i.e. regular ePubs) now show up in iTunes under the Audiobooks section. They are fine in iBooks, but the iTunes database sees them as audiobooks for some reason.

it's a shame that this is such a fundamental and persistent problem:

syncing Books from iBooks through iTunes from a Mac to an iPad

The solution to re-adding your ePub Books (not purchased from iBookstore) from iTunes' Audiobooks section to the iBooks database:
    1. Select Audiobooks section in iTunes
    2. Select the My Audiobooks Tab
    3. Select the first Audiobook in the file that is an actual ePub
    4. Right-click or Command-click and Select Get Info or use shortcut Command + I
    5. Use the shortcut Command + N to go next (once you get info on a wrongful audiobook, it will revert to the regular Book database)
    6. Once you Command + N through your entire list you're done
    Apple please fix this. Every time I restart my computer or iTunes I have to do this so that my sync with my iPad doesn't wrongfully remove books.

Any tips or solutions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

2. rasputin666 macrumors member

rasputin666

I
    i am having the same issue however, mine is slightly different where iTunes doesn't see my books,so i can't sync to an IOS device. iBooks works perfect, iTunes has grey eBooks with my audiobooks. i have a case opened with Apple support and we've spoken for at least 5 hours the past week. no joy. i just did a clean install of El Capitan and i am importing my library to iTunes and iBooks. i'll post an update if I have some success with this

3. nicolaselhani thread starter macrumors newbie

Did you do the clean install yet? Any updates?