Equalizer setting doing nothing??

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Pinger, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Pinger macrumors regular

Changing the equalizer settings for my iPad's iPod doesn't change a thing.. I tried every setting in settings/ipod/EQ from Off to Vocal Booster and the sound never changes.. With my ipod Video I change the setting to either Acoustic or Dance depending on which headphones I'm using and would like to do the same with my iPad.. Even went as far as backing up and doing a restore of my iPad today but didn't help.. Any clues??

2. Pinger thread starter macrumors regular

Guess no one else has had this quirk... guess I just have to wait for the new iOS comes out and hope that does the trick for me..

3. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

Hmm. I'm inclined to suggest applying EQ to some of your tracks in iTunes, resyncing your iPad, and seeing if that works. Problem is, I've never really been clear on whether or not EQ is transferred over to an iPod, and if it is, will turning off EQ on the iDevice cancel it? That hasn't really answered your question, but I do feel better for getting this off my chest ;)

Edit: just played around with EQ settings on iPad. Difference is noticeable but not by much.

4. Pinger thread starter macrumors regular

I have had my iPod Video for years and yes if you change the EQ settings in iTunes it does transfer over to the iPod, ALSO even with the EQ Setting set at say "Treble Boost" in iTunes and synced with iPod I can change the EQ listening setting on the iPod and it takes affect,,, This is not happening with my iPad, again I can't see this being a hardware problem, has to be within iOS 3.2.2..
    Has anyone changed they're EQ settings on the iPad and noticed it really changed the sound??