iPad Pro Equations: Pencil to LaTeX

Discussion in 'iPad' started by timjub, Apr 14, 2017.

1. timjub macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for an app that would allow me to draw equations with the Apple Pencil and then get the correct LaTeX syntax that could, for example, be used to insert the equation in Pages.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks!

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I use MathPad - let's you draw the equation and get a LaTeX output. I only have an Air though so not sure if it's fully optimised for the Pencil, but it might be. I think an IAP is required to copy the output to clipboard, but it's not that much.

3. timjub thread starter macrumors newbie

4. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

No problem - there may be more advanced apps out there, but it works fine for all I've wanted it for! As someone who needs to insert the odd equation or formula (but never enough to justify properly learning LaTeX), it's quite an invaluable little tool. Especially now Pages has LaTeX support, I find I'm doing quite a bit on my iPad now instead of resorting to MathType on my Mac.

5. jakob25adams macrumors newbie

Apple Pencil works great with Math Pad. The app has palm rejection as well so using the Pencil is a breeze. I don't know if anything in the app works better with the Pencil than a generic stylus.

6. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a