Equus comes with IPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TinaMN, Nov 23, 2010.

1. TinaMN macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Thought you'd be interested in this article:

http://www.insideline.com/hyundai/equus/2011/buy-a-hyundai-equus-get-an-ipad.html

Basically, 2011 Hyundai Equus buyers will get an Apple iPad with the car. They can then use their iPad to schedule service appointments and access an electronic owner’s manual.

This sparked my curiousity- when buying a car, what draws you guys in the most? For someone who is as into technology as I am, this ipad/equus thing definitely interests me more than other features...

2. 184550 Guest

FWIW, the local Nissan dealer here will give you an iPad when you purchase a new Nissan. Much cheaper than the Equus.

When I get a new car, I'll just upgrade from my 2000 Regal to the new 20XX Regal. The technology options with the new Buicks are rather nice IMO.

3. damnyooneek macrumors 6502

wow that's genius marketing. if you're dumb enough to be motivated to buy luxury Hyundai you should get an iPad for compensation.

4. 184550 Guest

A bit of research on your part would have shown you that Hyundais aren't that bad. They were ranked the 4th best automaker in the US in 2010. In 2009 they were the least expensive car to insure.

Here are some of the other awards or milestones they've hit.

While I don't care personally for Hyundais, they certainly aren't bad cars.

5. saberahul macrumors 68040

I agree... and to add to the discussion - one should research on the car and not the brand. Hyundai made the commitment to become luxury and the Equus offers far better features than a similar build Merc or beamer. Personally I find my Hyundai to be the best car I have bought; I also own the merc C300 and the beamer 330xi and each has their ups and downs.

6. docprego macrumors 65816

Taking that a step further I think referring to them as "aren't that bad" does them a terrible disservice. I've had 2 in a row and they have both been outstanding cars. My current Hyundai, a Genesis coupe turbo is the best car I ever owned.

That said I would not base a car purchasing decision on whether it comes with an iPad or not. And from the auto makers perspective I can't understand why they would even do this. The cost is obviously much greater than a standard owner's manual, that leaves the cool factor and publicity of it as the only possible logical rationales.

7. damnyooneek macrumors 6502

For a good bargin sure buy a Hyundai. I'm talking about paying luxury prices for a Hyundai when you can use that money towards a real luxury car.

8. docprego macrumors 65816

Have to take issue again. Hyundai has a genuine luxury model that won the 2009 car of the year: it was the Genesis sedan.

http://www.genesiscaroftheyear.com/

And the topic of this thread, the Equus is an even higher end luxury vehicle.

9. phyrexia macrumors 6502a

Hell, some of them are even built in the USA. About 90 minutes south of me, in Hope Hull, AL.

I knocked Hyundais until the first time I ever drove one. They are surprisingly nice :)

10. poloponies macrumors 68030

"Real" luxury car? Like Toyota's Lexus line or Honda's Acura? The "luxury" is in the car, not the name. My wife's Genesis is one of the best cars we've owned - and her previous car was a Lexus (which cost an arm & a leg for maintenance compared to the Hyundai).