Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sek87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2011
I did a "erase content and settings" on my iphone 4 without a sim card in the it, so I pressed ok for the reset and it did its thing, with the apple logo and progress bar. It disnt take that long, i left it alone for 15-30min and came back and it was done. So it restarted the phone and it came to that "set-up iPhone" screen where you choose your language and wifi and other stuff BUT because I didn't have a sim card in it I couldn't actually get past the set up, so I couldn't go into the phone to actually see if everything was erased. But as a side note, before I did the reset, I was using the phone without a sim card perfectly, it had all my texts, contacts, pictures & music. But after I reset it, it wouldn't let me use it without a sim card, does that mean everything was erased? I just want to know whether or not my content was erased because I sold my phone and shipped it off and I really don't want there to be any content on it. I was in a hurry and couldn't test it out

Sek87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2011
Ok so the settings are wiped but is the content like my contacts, pictures, notes, calendar & messages all wiped too? It might be a stupid question but I just want to be sure cause I couldn't actually go back into the phone to check without a sim card in it and I didn't want to put my sim back in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.