Erase All Content and Settings not working???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by curtis123123, May 30, 2010.

1. curtis123123 macrumors newbie

I have a second generation ipod touch and jailbroken it with spirit. Downloaded apps n stuff like you would expect. I wanted to get rid of it however and delete everything from my ipod includin music as it wasn't very organised! I went to settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings (I think). It did its stuff and whatever and then finally finished on the apple logo with the small round loading logo thing. Was on this for ages so I held down on button and home button to reset it. Should have I done this because now its stuck like it? Anyway of getting my ipod back to normal?

2. androiphone macrumors 65816

when you are jailbroken the only way you can reset the ipod touch is to connect it to itunes and click restore in itunes, if that doesnt work now then you can try to put the ipod in DFU mode and then restore it

3. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

When you use "Erase All Content and Settings" it does exactly that it wipes everything including the operating system so when it is finished you need to do a restore to reload the firmware.

4. androiphone macrumors 65816

yes, on the stock OS, but it's different when you are jailbroken, I've seen loads of threads of it breaking the phone, that's why you always read to get out of jailbreak you restore with a computer

5. desmond33 macrumors newbie

umm.. i have the same problem.. my pc doesnt even respond when connected to the ipod touch.. and its still resetting.. the apple logo just come out over and over again.. is there nothing that i can do to stop it? it has gone like that for like 12 hours..

6. androiphone macrumors 65816

try putting it in DFU mode

Step 1. Turn off your iPod

Step 1. Connect iphone to USB then listen to the sound when it connect and disconnect.

Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.

Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.

then it should pop up in itunes to restore

7. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

8. ratanak macrumors newbie

Erase all content and settings, ipad not work

I have similar issue on Ipad OS 3.2 jailbreaked, I wonder if the above instruction would be help for ipad?