Erase all content and settings questions.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Regez, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Regez macrumors newbie

Hey there everybody. So I tried to downgrade my iPod Touch 4G's version from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 to jailbreak. I did not work because I have no SHSH blobs saved. So since trying to downgrade does not work for me, if I decide to "Erase all content and settings" and "Reset all settings" will this deleted the 4.3.5 version and then will the iPod have its original factory version like 4.1.3 (I do not know the original factory version XD) or 4.3.3 and below? Thanks everybody in advance, Regez ;)

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

It'll wipe the device clean so nothing is installed, firmware included. It'll then ask to connect to iTunes to install the newest version of iOS.

3. Regez thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh ok. Since everything is wiped, could I install say 4.3.3 firmware without SHSH blobs?

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Nope. Apple is only signing the current firmware, 4.3.5.

Although, I have heard 4.1 is still being signed for some odd reason. That's unusual though.

The point of saving SHSH blobs (unique to each device and firmware) is to trick iTunes into thinking Apple is still signing it. They can only be created when Apple is signing the firmware.

5. Regez thread starter macrumors newbie

6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

You can try. Can't hurt (it's almost impossible to brick an iDevice).

7. Regez thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks for all the help QuarterSwede hopefully I can get my decive downgraded!

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Good luck!

Worst case scenario is that you have a tethered jailbreak on 4.3.5. It's really not as bad as everyone says unless you like crash prone tweaks and apps. Yeah it's a pain to put it into DFU mode every time you need to reboot when setting up your jailbreak tweaks and apps but after that, if it's stable, you'll be fine.

9. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

Apparently iOS 4.1 is still be signed, so it should be successful in downgrading.