Erase all content and settings...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by vertigomhs, Jun 7, 2010.

1. vertigomhs macrumors member

i just sold two iphones, one 3gs and one 3g and i restored both of them and now im doing the "Erase all content and settings" to make sure all other hidden info is permanently deleted.

When i did it on my 3gs it was almost instant, took a few seconds and it was done which surprised me, im wondering if it even did anything.

now im doing it on the 3g and it is taking quite a while, its been like 30 mins and its bearly half way, which seems like it is actually doing something unlike my 3gs.

so my question is, should the 3gs be that fast and did it actually erase everything?

both phones are on 3.1.2, and the 3gs is a 32gb and the 3g is an 8gb.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, both phones would need a restore in order to work again and all your stuff is gone.

3. vertigomhs thread starter macrumors member

no, you can do erase all setings and content and itll still work without a restore, youll just have to set it up again, but thats not my question, im wondering if the 3gs is actually doing its job on erasing everything because that seems way too fast compared to the 3g.

sorry if i wasnt clear on the OP :(

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you do an "Erase all content and settings" your phone will need a restore.
    If you just do "Reset all settings" then it wont and all your info/data will still be on it.
    The 3GS is still doing its job, its just alot faster than the 3G model :D