Erase all contents & settings

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ckc, Nov 19, 2010.

1. ckc macrumors regular

I am preparing my 3GS 32GB iPhone for sale, the phone has been jailbroken to unlock it.

If I use the 'Erase all contents and settings' to erase my data will that still retain the jailbreak as naturally I wish to retain the unlocked stae of the phone for the buyer?
    Thanks

2. mikedj macrumors newbie

if you restore whit itunes you lose the jailbreak and the unlock is the only way to lost it

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

If you want to keep the jailbreak and unlock don't hit "reset all". Manually go into your iPhone and take everything off through iTunes.

4. ckc, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010

ckc thread starter macrumors regular

That is what I thought would be the way forward. Thanks for confirming it, much appreciated. :)

As an afterthought, if I just delete all of the phones contents through iTunes and then synch so the phone is blank does that also ensure that when it is plugged into iTunes by the new owner that no details of my iTunes account is still on the phone? i.e. the new user will not have access to my iTune account. I assume that the iTunes account details are secured on my computer.

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Yeah. Log off your iTunes account on your iPhone. Make you delete every trace of your info. Then when the new owner has it go over the speil with him (e.g. don't restore/update or you'll lose the jailbreak/unlock). When he/she syncs the iPhone to their computer it'll put all their info on, so you'll be good.