Erase and Install.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Kieranic, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Kieranic Guest

Hi,

I've decided to completely erase my hard drive and reinstall Mac OS X. I'll be backing up my most important files to a friend's Time Capsule via ethernet (he'll give it to me for that day). I've done some research and come across this page http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3910 and noticed that it says along the top: "MacBook (13-inch, Late 2009)".

My MacBook is from May 2009 (I got in October '09 but it's serial number says it was from May 2009) and I just had a look in it's box. It comes with a Snow Leopard Disc AND a Mac OS X Install DVD for "Mac OS version 10.5.6" (which I'm guessing is Leopard). When I first got my MacBook in October 2009, I just opened it, filled in my info like you normally would then I inserted the Snow Leopard disc and upgraded.

Which disk would I use? Would I use the gray Leopard disc (10.5.6) or the Snow Leopard disc?

I have a feeling it should be Leopard but I'm not entirely sure.

Thank you!

2. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

Editing this out, as I'm not sure actually. I would say the Snow Leopard disc though. If I'm not mistaken, it's a fully functional, full OS install disc, independent from Leopard.

3. simsaladimbamba

4. Kieranic thread starter Guest

Alright, thank you both :)

I'll use the Snow Leopard disc and see how that goes!

Thanks once again.