Erase and Sync....Noooooo!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nsheikh80, Mar 7, 2013.

1. nsheikh80 macrumors regular

nsheikh80

I bought a new iPad and set everything up using iCloud. I now want to sync videos to my iPad that are on my Mac but every time I try to do this I get the 'This iPad is already sync'd with another computer….Erase and Sync'.

This is strange because you can't actually setup and iPad via iTunes any more, only iCloud. So every time I setup and iOS device via iCloud and then try to connect it to my Mac it will always say it's been setup with another computer!

Am I losing my mind?

2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

you can't make a backup and then hit erase and sync?

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

First of all, you can still set up your iPad from iTunes, if you think you can't then you are missing something.

Second, if you set up an iPad over the air, then connect it to iTunes, the message you get should be asking you if you want to set it up as new or restore from a backup. It shouldn't say anything about "erase and sync." If you click set up as new, iTunes wil tell you it is already set up, and voila, you'll be able to go on as if you'd set up the iPad on the computer.

Not very intuitive at all, Apple needs to fix this.