Erase Data and settings... Help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ^^ CoolMacLover, May 8, 2010.

1. ^^ CoolMacLover macrumors regular

^^ CoolMacLover

So i wanted to get rid of my jailbreak, my phone would crash all the time most of my apps, so i got it to erase all the data and settings, but its taking forever... Should it take so long?

After i clicked it, it restarted, then the apple icon came up and a loading bar. About 2 of them pass, then the little loading spiral thingy came up... and it goes round, then stops, then goes some more, stops. Then it restarts and does it again...

What have i done wrong?!?! D:

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

To get rid of your jailbreak, all you had to do was restore the phone. It's not a good idea to erase. The process takes several hours, and you may not be able to gee the phone working again after.

At any rate, try a DFU restore, when it's over (see my sig).

3. ^^ CoolMacLover thread starter macrumors regular

^^ CoolMacLover

*somewhat happy sigh*

Thanks. DARN YOU APPLE, giveing us options to do stuff but might harm the phone... darn you...:( Ill try the DFU. Thanks

4. ^^ CoolMacLover thread starter macrumors regular

^^ CoolMacLover

Does it matter that my internet is so slow ATM that during the download *during DFU mode* it goes back to the apple icon with the little spinning thing instead of the Connect to iTunes icons?

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Sounds like you're not in DFU mode. The internet has nothing to do with that.

6. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

Its only a problem for jail broken phones in every case I've seen. Its a good example of how important researching a jailbreak is, and what you should avoid
    EDIT: if your having trouble getting into DFU mode you can always try a 'restore mode' restore.., its a lot easier to get into restore mode.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I think you mean "recovery mode."

8. ^^ CoolMacLover thread starter macrumors regular

^^ CoolMacLover

Well following the little tut from ur link in ur sig it tells me i have to update it. So thus it connects to the internets to get 3. what ever it is.

[​IMG]

That comes up, i click OK. Then restore. Then it connects to get the update.

EDIT: As i type, it is doing something xD Once the updates had downloaded i needed to click it again to install... *crosses fingers*

EDIT #2: Well its working now... =D NEVER AGAIN :p Thank you -aggie- and pixelated for your help.

9. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

I do indeed . For some reason I did not gave access to that word last night . :rolleyes:

glad to hear it's sorted CoolMac