Erase duplicates in Itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by heyholetsgo, Aug 12, 2009.

1. heyholetsgo macrumors member

Hi guys
    I'm looking for a software that erases duplicates from my library. I've tried idupe, but that software only alows me to compare 1000 songs at a time....
    I've tried Itunes dupes barried and dupin, but although they list my 6000 Duplicates, these programs seem to be unable to erase the duplicates automatically or rather if I select erase, the program erases the dupe and the original...

Any thoughts?

2. Vidder macrumors regular

Vidder

1,000 songs at a time seems like quite a bit, how many songs do you have? Can't you just use that program more then once to get them? Otherwise, i don't know.

3. heyholetsgo thread starter macrumors member

I have more than 1000 and even if I used it, I could never compare the first 1000 to the fourth 1000 songs....

Any other suggestions?

4. Vidder macrumors regular

Vidder

Sorry, but I'm not sure how the app works. Can you select what 1,000 songs you are scanning?

If you can then all you need to do is stop the selection as close as you can to 1,000 being careful not to split up an artist from one group to another. You would never need to compare the groups after that because you won't have a duplicate song in two different groups if you divide the groups by artist....

It all comes down to whether or not you can make a selection.

Why do you have so many duplicates in the first place?

5. heyholetsgo thread starter macrumors member

Itunes seems to create dupes pretty randomly, but often it's because there is some m3u file in a folder...
    So there is really no other software out there.
    Markel Softs dupe eliminator for windows was so good for that job!!!!

6. heyholetsgo thread starter macrumors member

OK, best tool ever...
    "Tidy up!"
    It does EVERYTHING!!!!:D