Erase info on 3gs and goes in the loop !!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nadtv, Apr 17, 2011.

1. nadtv, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011

nadtv macrumors newbie

Hi !

I just bought a used iphone 3gs 16g jailbroken with firmware 3.1.3. It worked, tried it. Then the guy I bought it from erased his info and the iphone goes on a loop to restart since then !! I don't care about the info, I just want to get the thing working !!!!

It doesn't do anything when I connect to itunes, even if I press the main et top buttons.

Can anyone help me ?

Thank you,
    Nad

2. Grimsrud macrumors member

I had a similar problem a few days ago with my 2nd iPhone 4. I tried to re-jailbreak it without any success (it would finish the process and display the greenpois0n logo, but never booted up) and also tried to upgrade it to the standard 4.3.2 firmware without any luck. I was able to get the iPhone to take the standard firmware by editing the Apple listings in /etc/hosts. Type "sudo nano /etc/hosts" (no quotes), then put down your root password. After it brings up the file, scroll down and put a # in front of the lines with Apple in them and save the file by pressing control+O to save. After that's done, restore the iPhone in iTunes and it will work again.

3. nadtv thread starter macrumors newbie

(...) I don't know a lot about how t do that, I am not a wiz in computers. What do you mean by : apple listinga in etc/hosts and type sudo nano/etc/hosts...and enter what password ? :eek:

NAD

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The guy that you got it from is not that bright.
    That's what happens when you try to erase all on a jb iPhone.
    Now you will have to restore it or it won't boot up.
    And hope he has shsh blobs saved on cydia so you dont lose your unlock or your gps functionality.

5. nadtv thread starter macrumors newbie

THX

Now I got it connected to itunes (recovery mode) and it is asking me to restore. will that be to the new 4.1 thing and do damage. Because I would like to jailbreak it.

I want to change the phone company that I am with (contract end in 4 months), I don't want to pay for internet (just wi-fi for me is fine), I used to lock it with fake apn.

You guys are nice to help me... I am neophyte totale !

:confused:

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It will restore to the new 4.3.2 and you won't be able to jb untethered yet.
    Before you do anything download and run tinyumbrella, plug in your iphone click save shsh and let us know what blobs you have available for if any.

7. nadtv thread starter macrumors newbie

ayayay...

So far, I'm connected to itunes. nothing is happening to the iphone. It is asking me to restore. The iphone is black screen with connector image on it. Where do I go next ?
    I used to have the first generation. When it spent more than an hour in the snow, it started to pop "the accessory is not compatible bla bla...do you want to go to plane mode, etc" So I re-jailbroken it carefully with pawnage with all the help I could get on forums. It was still doing it but I learned how to jailbreak it. that was a first generation. Now I have a 3gs 16g.

Since I am french, sometimes I don't get all the real information Lolllll
    Can someone explain what is untethered ? (my brain is exploding !!!) and yess you can talk to me like a baby...I will then understand !!! ah la la !

Nadine:eek:

8. nadtv thread starter macrumors newbie

downloaded done... where do I click SHSH ?

9. nadtv thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok. I can't do my package in pawnage to redo the thing.

The guy told me that he upgraded to 4.1.? the went back to 3.1.3. he has a pc.

I'm surfing all the forums and downloaded Green poison, redsnow, tiny umbrella, spirit. I don't know what to do with them.

My iphone is connected to itunes. It is asking me to restore. I'M afraid to click restore pure and simple becuase I don't want it to be worst.

The phone is a 3gs 16g 3.1.3 jailbroken before the erase thing (had Cydia on it) / itunes is 10.2.1

the phone was updated to 4.something then the last owner went back to 3.1.3 but he did on a PC.

When I try to repack with pawnage, dosen't work : files does not work which are :
    iPhone2,1_3.1_7C144_Restore.ipsw
    iPhone2,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw

I downloaded TinyUmbrella 4.3 and redsn0w_mac_0.9.6rc9 and Green poison... What do I do with these ??? I am on MAC OX 10.5.8

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa what do I do next ? :confused:

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Open the program TU, plug in your iphone and click save shsh.

11. nadtv, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011

nadtv thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, I opened it. Clicked on TSS server and it is rolling. Connected my iphone (the one in loop).

On the left side, I see now my old 1rst generation under recent device (the dying one because it spent more than an hour in the snow) but it is not connected to itunes.

I see also under recovery devices a big question mark with a 0. I guess that's my new one ?

I seem stoopid but I don't want to screw up here !!! Lollll

So I select the big question mark on the left, then on the top of Tiny umbrella (right side) it says : to kick your device out...bla bla...and at the right : SAVE SHSH and there is also a function that says Exit recovery.

Should I turn of my other iphone (the old one) not to screw it up too ? I'm scared...

When I'm done, should I restore ? Custom restore or restore ? Which one should I do ? Because Pawnage don't seem to work, I am trying to build a custom restore with it and it says : don't appear to have itunes 8.0 and later (not true, I have 10.2.1). Confused.

Waiting for your answer master...:eek:

12. nadtv thread starter macrumors newbie

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

When you pressed save shsh did you see any blobs listed there for firmware versions like 4.2.1, 4.3.1 etc?

14. nadtv, Apr 18, 2011

I pressed and nothing happen. It asked me first to stop TSS Server. It didn't show anything at all.

15. nadtv thread starter macrumors newbie

oupssssss

iphone de nadtv is my old one

Attached Files:

16. nadtv, Apr 18, 2011

Can that be of any use ?

I f I restore, it will put the 4.something version right ? And then I'll be doom...:(

Is it possible that I should restore with the original ipsw that jailbroken it cause I think I can't get it, the guy is lone gone !

Is now the restore to 4. something resolve ? So we can downgrade it after without the tethered thing ? (or the opposite)

Dam...so complicated.

17. nadtv, Apr 18, 2011

If I use this :

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1275

section pict. I found only my old iPhone1,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw . If I put another one like the ones on the internet, will it screw up big time ? lolll guess yesss...

will it be intelligent to use another user account ? Or another computer ?

I have to go to work (i'm eastern time Montreal, Qc) til midgnight. Back in 18 hours from now...