Erase & Install + iLife '06 From Tiger Install DVD #2

xBerserker

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2007
Earth .. for now
Last night I did a Erase & Install for Tiger to prepare for Leopard. I've installed a few programs and put most of my files back.

But my question is after I do a Erase and Install for Leopard, can I still install iLife 06 from my tiger DVD #2? Or should I just do a Archive and install, because my system just had a Erase & Install for Tiger?

Originally Posted by Multimedia View Post
Your case is different. I would erase and install on a virgin system. Then insert your Tiger install DVD to get your iLife '08 installer so you can get them back on your Leopard install. Ask your sales person the way to extract iLife '08 off the enclosed Tiger install DVDs. I think the startup is on DVD 1 and then you are prompted to insert DVD 2. In any event you don't reboot to the Tiger DVD. There's a bunch of folders on DVD 1 that includes the iLife '08 install package. Have someone in the store show you where it is so you don't have trouble finding it when you get home.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Install Bundled Software from the original DVD.

You didn't need to make a new thread. I was going to answer you in the other one.

Comment