Erase Unknown Data "Other"

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by riceguy, Oct 11, 2011.

1. riceguy macrumors newbie

I been searching for hours, I tried the suggested guides, i deleted a few but i still cant track it all down and i dont want to delete something i dont know.

Itunes shows 2.6 GBs used as OTHER, everything else has been removed (All apps, videos, music, photos)

How do you guys delete files listed as Other in itunes, ive read its files that get corrupted on jb devices and just get tossed aside. I tried looking into a "erase all content" that doesnt work cuz it locks up and hitting restoring in itunes doesnt work cuz it asks me to update and then restore.

I am giving away my ipad and i wanted to wipe everything and leave the jb or have the ability to re-jb. i cant do that with 2.3 gbs randomly missing.

Does restore behave differently when in DFU? If its thru itunes im sure it asks u to update.

I am using white ipad 2 16gb wifi only, 4.3.3 using comex's jailbreakme.com

Help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

2. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

just do a dfu restore. it restores the ipad back to the default settings.

end of story.

3. riceguy thread starter macrumors newbie

Just tried and when in DFU mode asks itunes asks to Restore and Update to latest software

4. DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

open cydia and see at the top if you have 4.3.3 shsh blobs saved. if you do then restore pointing iTunes to 4.3.3 ipsw