Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macattac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
I'm running PT LE 5.0.

One of my plug-ins froze my sessions every time I tried to use it.

A friend of mine gave me the plug-ins in the first place, so he says just delete the old DAE folder and replace it with a new copy that he gave me. I dragged the old DAE folder to the trashcan and deleted it. I installed the new folder (not sure if I did it right, but I placed it into Sys Fold) now when I open a previously saved PT session it's saying Wave Shell 3.0 is missing.

What can I do to fix that?

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
macattac said:
One of my plug-ins froze my sessions [...] A friend of mine gave me the plug-ins in the first place
lemme guess -- it was cracked?

you can get the DAE back by installing it from your original install CD. it is a legal copy, right?

macattac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
zimv20 said:
lemme guess -- it was cracked?

you can get the DAE back by installing it from your original install CD. it is a legal copy, right?
original CD as in the protools le disc?

if so, it was legal but i'll have a tough time finding it.

i might have lost it when i moved.

the additional plug-ins came from a friend.

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005
macattac said:
original CD as in the protools le disc?

if so, it was legal but i'll have a tough time finding it.

i might have lost it when i moved.

the additional plug-ins came from a friend.

sounds like you're running one of those Waves plug-in bundles.... :p

correct me if i'm wrong.... :D

reinstall those plug-ins....

macattac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Eithanius said:
sounds like you're running one of those Waves plug-in bundles.... :p

correct me if i'm wrong.... :D

reinstall those plug-ins....

sounds about right, now the question is do i have them or can i just install newer ones.

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
what you could do

macattac said:
sounds about right, now the question is do i have them or can i just install newer ones.

open up the terminal window, drag the CD over to it (which should bring up the CD directory) and search for the specific files/folders you need. There are terminal commands that will let you drag off the specific items you want. I have the commands written down elsewhere, but if you decide to do it this way lemme know and I'll look them up for you.

.:*Robot Boy*:.

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2005
New Zealand
beatsme said:
open up the terminal window, drag the CD over to it (which should bring up the CD directory) and search for the specific files/folders you need. There are terminal commands that will let you drag off the specific items you want. I have the commands written down elsewhere, but if you decide to do it this way lemme know and I'll look them up for you.

Pro Tools 5 was OS 9-only (no classic support). Therefore, any solutions involving the Terminal probably won't work.

My advice would be to search for any Waves-related files on your computer and delete them. First, remove all Waves plug-ins from your Pro Tools 'Plug-ins' folder, then have a look for a folder called Waves 3.0 and delete it. The Wave Shells for Waves 4.0 (under OS X) are installed in my Applications folder in a folder called 'Waves 4.0' - I can only assume that it's similar under OS 9.

Hopefully all of your remaining plug-ins will load successfully and Pro Tools will open.

:)

.:*Robot Boy*:.

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2005
New Zealand
Actually, having just read my post I've had another thought :rolleyes:

I'm guessing you don't actually have any Wave Shells (which the Waves plug-ins require in order to run) installed on your system. Most plug-ins for Pro Tools are installed by simply placing a plug-in into the 'Plug-ins' folder. Waves, on the other hand, installs other critical files (such as Wave Shells) into other places on your hard drive.

If you simply copied your friends' Plug-ins folder (which, I would guess, contains some Waves plug-ins), Waves won't run due to the fact that it is missing those critical files. Therefore, if you need to use the Waves package, you will have to find an installer for Waves 3.0. Otherwise, just delete any Waves plug-ins from your 'Plug-ins' folder and stop stealing software. ;)

Hope that helped.

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
actually...

.:*Robot Boy*:. said:
Pro Tools 5 was OS 9-only (no classic support). Therefore, any solutions involving the Terminal probably won't work.

You're just using the terminal to search the contents of the disc (like a DOS search in Windows), so the disc itself can be specific to OS9 or OSX...doesn't matter. Once you find what you want, you get it off the disc and then put it anywhere you need to.

Really, all you're doing is bypassing the installer. It's an easy way to fix a "piece" of an application without having to re-install the whole thing. The only catch is, you have to know where the files/folders are supposed to go.

macattac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
well it seems that the only problem is PT cannot locate the waves 3.0 plug-ins

so if waves 3.0 isn't on the PT LE CD, then it makes know sense even loading it

i guess i need a new waves bundle for OS 9.2/PT LE 5.0

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
macattac said:
well it seems that the only problem is PT cannot locate the waves 3.0 plug-ins

so if waves 3.0 isn't on the PT LE CD, then it makes know sense even loading it

i guess i need a new waves bundle for OS 9.2/PT LE 5.0

Which obviously you're going to buy and then stop discussing the piracy of software on MacRumors....

MacRumors does not condone the piracy of software in any form, even if it is a stack of massively overpriced Waves plugs that has more redundancy than the British Car industry...

macattac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
i didn't know i was discussing "piracy".

if so, my bad.

im not trying to violate your boards TOS.

macattac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
no sam ash

i was asking for help with a folder.

but i got the message, i dont need people coming out the woodwork.

i already apologized.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.