Erased everything on my phone and now it doesn't have anything

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by meder87, Dec 14, 2010.

1. meder87 macrumors regular

My brother is going to sell his iphone. So instead of being smart and plugging it in to restore I chose to do it through the phone. I selected the option on the phone Erase All Content and Settings. Now everything on the phone is gone including the pre-loaded apple apps (messages, calculator, weather, ect.). Every time I try to restore the phone it just gives me an error message that it can't restore. Is there anything that can be done? It seems like the phone is bricked but there definitely has to be a way to do some super reset to bring back the apps to restore the phone.

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Which error message are you getting?

3. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

I have an old 3G that im trying to restore and i keep getting an error that says "iPhone device isn' t eligible for the requested build???" How can I choose a different build? It is requesting the 3.1.3 build...

4. meder87 thread starter macrumors regular

I have iOS 4.1 and actually I have that same error message "iPhone device isn' t eligible for the requested build???" I tried 4.2 didn't work. Tried 4.1 didn't work. My mom just took it to the apple store today and all they tried to do was restore it and it didn't work. They didn't give her explanation as to why its doing it. All they told her was that she needs to buy a new one.

5. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Do you have the newest version of iTunes? If not, it won't work. I updated my iTunes and now the restore worked just fine. Just an FYI.

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat