iPhone Erased Phone (FindMyI) in Boot Loop Even After Getting to Springboard

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BzowK, Jun 6, 2014.

1. BzowK macrumors newbie

Hey All -

Got a quick question for you...

Recently, I thought I lost my old iPhone 4S (Jailborken iOS 7.0.x) so signed into FindMyI and wiped / erased it. Fortunately, I found it a couple of days later.

After charging, I found it was in a boot loop which had a spinner. I booted into safe mode by holding volume up while it started and it got to the springboard! The problem is that about 5 seconds after it goes to the springboard, the screen blacks out and the Apple logo appears with a progress bar. 10-15 seconds later, it's back in the loop again!

I don't want to restore in iTunes because there's no j/b for the newest firmware, so have tried finding a way to fix this issue. I thought may be that once it gets to the Springboard, that it still has instruction to erase so does so... again. Went to FindMyI to see if I could turn off Erase, but only option is to Remove Device.

Below are the other things I've tried to fix so far. None worked...
    - Booted into recovery & Exited recovery with TinyUmbrella - gets to springboard, but same results
    - Opened Evasion to re-jailbreak, but don't have time to start it in springboard. Tried starting from DFU & recovery, but Evasion didn't see it

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

I believe initiating the erase via icloud is the equivalent of "erase all content and reset settings" on the iphone

So if that's true, you may be out of luck if you want to keep it jailbroken

3. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

4. 007p macrumors 6502a

Correct, I'm surprised OP even got to the springboard.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

The way this reads, you skipped the part of FindMyIphone where you determine the approximate location, then have it make noise while you look for it. :confused: