Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gingamo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
UGH...I am running a MacBook Pro on OS 107.5, using external 2T LaCie HD, via Thunderbolt 800.

Wanted to reformat my LaCie Drive, but there was, weirdly NO option to format drive, so DUMBLY, I deleted the RAID, thinking I could just start from scratch more easily (and only option).

Drive just disappeared, won't mount, and I cannot see how to reformat.

I don't need to recover anything, just format and start over.

What the heck kind of trouble did I create for myself?

(I DID save the Disk Utility Log if that is of any help.)

gingamo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5834

Sounds like you need to use Disk Utility to setup the RAID again.

Thanks. But since the disk does not show up, Disc Utility doesn't even see it to reformat. NOTHING is there.
[doublepost=1472168069][/doublepost]What do you do when you accidentally delete the RAID...and the hard drive is no longer mounting or visible to my Mac?

There must be some way to access the drive and format it.

Anyone?
[doublepost=1472169768][/doublepost]By the way... System profiler does see that something is connected, but also says no disk is connected.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 5.02.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 5.02.06 PM.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 206

hobowankenobi

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2015
on the land line mr. smith.
Been years since I worked with a Lacie RAID....but:

Was it already a RAID out of the box? Did you set it up with switches on the hardware (they have had several different models with different controls)?

You might check their software tools to see if they will get you back in. Likely depends on which product you have.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Thanks. But since the disk does not show up, Disc Utility doesn't even see it to reformat. NOTHING is there.

Hmmm... it should show up in Disk Util on Lion you are using. Try running this command in Terminal to see if the disks are listed.

Code:
diskutil list

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.