Erasing All Content on BB 6.15

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by david martin, Mar 1, 2012.

1. david martin macrumors member

I'm so glad I did a little research before clicking the erase all content button under settings!

I've looked for a thread on how to properly erase content on a JB phone, but all I've found is how to fix the phone after improperly erasing. I have a 3GS on IOS 4.1 and BB 6.15. How do I erase all my content with out having to restore with a custom IOS?

Thanks,
    David

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

A restore is the only way to erase all content on a jailbroken iPhone.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cannot erase all content on a JB iphone without a restore. Unless you sit there and manually delete everything on the phone.
    Only other way would be to restore it to a custom JB ipsw since you have the ipad bb installed.
    If you click the erase all on a JB iphone it will get stuck at the apple logo and it will not turn on untill you put it in pwned DFU and restore it to custom ipsw cause of your baseband version.

4. david martin thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Do I have to delete each song or is there a way to clear my music all at once? Thanks

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I think if you sync with another new library it will remove all music and other stuff on it.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Each song.

7. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

Couldn't the OP just hook the iPhone up to iTunes and deselect all the sync options (i.e contacts, email account, calendar, music) and then replace all the information on the phone? That should remove all the content on the phone without a restore or manually doing it..

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Check Panic Room in Cydia

Not sure if it is iOS5 compatible though