Erasing iPhone 3GS without losing the jailbreak / unlock

sphinx666

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
I have an iPhone 3GS - how do I erase the data on the phone without losing the jailbreak / unlock? I am looking to sell it.

Please do not suggest restore and the re-jailbreak / re-unlock. I've paid too much to do that already so I just want to erase the content.

If I go to settings - general - reset - erase all content and settings ... will this lose the jailbreak?

Thanks for your help!!

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
I have an iPhone 3GS - how do I erase the data on the phone without losing the jailbreak / unlock? I am looking to sell it.

Please do not suggest restore and the re-jailbreak / re-unlock. I've paid too much to do that already so I just want to erase the content.

If I go to settings - general - reset - erase all content and settings ... will this lose the jailbreak?

Thanks for your help!!
Don't ever use this function on your phone, it will hang at apple logo forever and your phone will need to restore.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I read about panicroom but forgot about it. I was excited at the time but since it looks like I'm keeping my I4 a while longer. Any way I looked in Chris says 3.1 on up is supported. Here is a link http://www.ijailbreak.com/cydia/cydia-app-panicroom/ good memory Dave!
Thanks Dave (hope all is good :D )

Yes, I have never tried it.
For me, I just knock out a quick restore and set up as new.

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Thanks Dave (hope all is good :D )

Yes, I have never tried it.
For me, I just knock out a quick restore and set up as new.
I learn some thing new today. For me, it is easier just to restore an Iphone with IOS as well. This would be good info to give to others who might not comfortable with restoring their phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.