erasing windows HDD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by drawback, Jan 18, 2013.

1. drawback macrumors newbie

I have tried going into boot camp and erasing it. And i have tried Disk Utility neither works

Attached Files:

2. simsaladimbamba

It seems there is no Windows / Boot Camp partition to delete in the first place.

3. drawback thread starter macrumors newbie

so where is all that other space going to? It was showing windows 7 as a start up then once i made it boot osx it all of a sudden disappeared

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Your drive has a single partition, that's for OSX which appears to be nearly full which means you cannot create a windows partition via bootcamp. At least that's what the screen shots attached show me.

----------

Download and use OmniDiskSweeper and you'll see where the space is being consumed

5. simsaladimbamba

6. drawback thread starter macrumors newbie

ok i am gonna check those apps out but i just restarted and its there as 'recovery 10.8.2"

7. simsaladimbamba

That is not Windows, that is probably the Recovery Partition for Mac OS X.

If you had Windows installed at some point via Boot Camp, it seems you have deleted it some time ago and now filled the storage capacity with OTHER (which can be many things, for example local Time Machine backups or files Apple cannot categorise).

8. drawback thread starter macrumors newbie

you sir are very helpful, i was think the same thing that maybe i deleted it and the space was still there but i wasn't sure. I am running disk inv x its taking a while so i will get back later

9. drawback thread starter macrumors newbie