Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBlackBook22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Canada
Does anyone know how you go about adding your own ebooks into the touch?
Do I make a folder like I would with music then just drag and drop ebooks into it and will the ereader figure it out?

zv470

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2004
Japan
You need to make an account on http://www.ereader.com then buy some books there. They get added to your "Bookshelf" which you can then download using the eReader app on your iPhone or iPod touch.

I'm impressed that the books I bought years ago are still on my Bookshelf :) I used to have a Palm PDA with eReader Pro... many many years ago. :eek:

Kovacs

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2007
Oslo, Norway
I'm impressed that the books I bought years ago are still on my Bookshelf :) I used to have a Palm PDA with eReader Pro... many many years ago. :eek:

Yes, it's finally here...I was hoping I could ditch my Palm TX now.

BUT it takes about two minutes to download the list of titles I have on my ereader.com bookshelf. Downloading a single book takes ages...and after 5-6 minutes eReader quits on me and goes to the iPod front menu. So it takes me about 7-8 minutes to try and download a single book, only to have to try again, and again, and again...

Wifi is cool but I wish they'd make it so that you can download the ereader pdb books to iTunes and just sync.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.