Erggg, unending respring -_-

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by RedPwnerRanger, Jan 24, 2011.

1. RedPwnerRanger macrumors member

Okay, so I downloaded QuickReply from Cydia, unsure if it was compatible with my firmware or not (4.2.1), and apparently it's not. I can SSH into my phone, but I don't know the location of QuickReply.app or whatever I'm looking for to delete it. If anyone knows the location, I'd greatly appreciate it, because it'd be much easier to SSH and delete it than restoring..

I'm running 4.2.1 on an i4, btw

2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Why can't you use cydia to uninstall it?

You know under the manage packages option?

3. THE dAY macrumors 6502

Title says he's stuck on unending respring.

I'm not 100% sure but look in: /private/var/cache/apt/archives/

See if the deb package is in that directory and delete it.

4. cobaltrich27 macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

WoW never been that stuck. I have had never ending safe mode but was able to do like described above uninstall the offending proggy in Cydia via safe mode.

I havnt gone 4.2.1 on my iPhone 4 yet but getting ready to so this is important let us know if ya get back in without restore.

5. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Ahh, i always thought that that usually leads to the phone crashing into Safe mode...anyways, carry on.

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Lucifiel is right, mobile substrate should be getting those crashes and sending the phone to safe mode, if that is not happening I don't think that removing the App folder will do much, I think you got something else messed up.

Don't install anything on your phone if you are not sure if it is compatible with your current version of iOS, come here and ask, check developers website, etc.

Anyways if you still want to try the App are at:

/var/stash/Applications/

7. cobaltrich27 macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

RedPwnerRanger how did this turn out for you any luck and how did you do to get back in???

Thanks...

8. RedPwnerRanger thread starter macrumors member

haha well, unlucky in the sense that I was unable to fix the problem without restoring (I couldn't even SSH into my phone to delete the file, even if I had found out or that that would do the trick). I just had to restore as a new phone on my friend's computer, then restore on mine from my backup. Had to reinstall all my packages and sources and JB stuff, but, yeah. All is good now.

9. Ill macrumors newbie

worked

happened just now used ifunbox for irealquick sms:cool:

10. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

11. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

App Store update results in crashing spiral

I am having a similar problem as I today. I went to App Store and applied All Updates. Next thing I know is constant crashing. I am able to use "Safe Mode" to use the phone. But as soon as it exits from Safe Mode, the SpringBoard crashes, then te entire restarts. And it keeps doing it repeatedly.

There were about 16 apps that needed updating today. They are all legit apps that I have paid for. Although the phone is JBed, I don't have any unpaid for apps on my phone. I do have a variety of Cydia tweaks installed. But before the AppStore update, everything was fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

12. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

Updating app was the problem

Well, it apparently was an app, I think Camera Studio +, that would not complete. And it was crashing the entire process. As soon as I delete the app, the update stopped trying to update.