Ergonomic bluetooth mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Eddyish, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Eddyish macrumors member

Does anyone know any good ergonomic bluetooth mouses that aren't overly massive? My budget is 50-70ish dollars.

2. rayyu882 macrumors member

The Apple Magic Mouse is very good size, battery life is decent (not great but ok), and it's kinda in your budget without tax.

3. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

It's not ergonomic in any way, shape or form.

4. Eddyish thread starter macrumors member

Thank you.

5. Eddyish thread starter macrumors member

6. frank4, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012

frank4 macrumors regular

frank4

Logitech V470 is worth checking out. I previously was considering replacing my Magic Mouse with a conventional bluetooth mouse. 470 gets some good reviews and comparisons with the MM, but I haven't tried it yet. Available from Apple store and other places.

I use an older modified Logitech wired mouse as an occasional alternative to the MM. I hate the "click" that happens when a conventional mouse wheel is rotated so I removed the mechanism (just a couple of tiny parts) so the wheel rotates smoothly. Lots of mice now have smooth-rolling wheels.

The MM can be improved a bit by using a low-friction mouse pad and using smoother feet or tape on the standard feet on the bottom of the MM, to reduce the friction that makes it clumsy for small movements. But it's still too low and small, I think they put too much emphasis on form over function, it looks beautiful but for many people the Magic Mouse is painful to use for extended periods.

7. interrobang macrumors 6502

Sure it is. It doesn't force your fingers into any position, unlike other mice with fixed buttons. It's the most comfortable mouse I know of.

Just don't try to plop your hand on top of it. It's a mouse, not a hand rest.

8. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Logitech bundles a BT Ergonomic Mouse with their Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave Pro Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse and their Cordless Desktop MX 5500 Revolution Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard
    combos....unfortunately, they don't sell the BT mouse separately, only the USB version. Not sure why - I'd love to get the BT version and free up a USB slot.

9. mfuchs88 macrumors 6502

I've heard quite a lot of good stuff about the Razer Orochi. Check YouTube for reviews of it. Looks like it fits really nice in your hand and has great precision as well. I'll hopefully be getting one in the coming months. Cheers and good luck!