Ergonomic keyboard with Num Pad with Mac Keys?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ShnikeJSB, Dec 14, 2011.

1. ShnikeJSB macrumors member

ShnikeJSB

Hello all.

So, Christmas is upon us, and my mother wants to replace her Mac Pro's older-style (non-chiclet) keyboard with an ergonomic one. She requires it to have the Number Pad, and to have Mac layout/keys. I have searched left and right, and all I can come up with is extremely overpriced ones from a certain company, and even THEN you'd have to ADD their Num Pad for $60... Ugh!

Are there any keyboards out there that fit this? Or is she going to have to learn to live with a Microsoft Natural 4000 and the "different" keys?

Thanks!

2. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

the logitech k750 for mac is pretty good for me, though im used to the apple wireless keyboard, its wireless, has mac keys, and num pad, and recharged by any type of light so no need to buy batteries and only 60 bucks have a look at that maybe?

3. ShnikeJSB thread starter macrumors member

ShnikeJSB

Thanks for the reply. But it has to be an ergonomic keyboard (with the split/curved surface for more natural hand/wrist placement). I appreciate the suggestion, though! That is a pretty cool KB, BTW.

4. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

I used to use one of these back in 2002 and I enjoyed it but it seems that the original MS ergonomic style keyboards are hard to find these days. Does anyone know why it seems like the industry has stopped producing them?

I use a Matias Tactile Pro now. It's not ergonomic and it is expensive, but it's the best keyboard I've ever used.