Ergonomic Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Gamoe, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Gamoe macrumors regular

I just got an iMac with the included Magic Mouse. I've been experiencing some discomfort just using a regular mouse, so suffice to say I'm not very interested in the Magic Trackpad or Mouse (which incidentally, I'm selling- PM me if interested).

Instead, I am looking for an ergonomic mouse. I'm not interested in gestures or any other extra features- just two buttons and a scroll wheel. Any good options out there?

2. reiichiroh macrumors regular

3. OddyOh macrumors regular

OddyOh

I've used Evoluent vertical mice for years at work and home, and am about to order the new 4th Gen one. They're expensive, but seeing friends with carpal tunnel, it's worth the money. That said, remember to take breaks, even the perfect mouse can't protect us from ourselves.

4. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

I like the Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX. It fits well in my hand and has been very reliable.

5. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

6. Fishrrman macrumors G3

I second Fhall's post above.

Try one of the "larger" Logitech mouses, like the "Performance" models (they have come in several "flavors" the past few years, but all are similar).

A great mouse that properly "fits in the palm of your hand" with useful buttons.

Yes, it will "feel too big" at first, but you will quickly adapt to it.

These are SUPERIOR (shouting intentional) to ANYthing that Apple has ever offered with their products.

7. Gamoe thread starter macrumors regular

I wonder why Logitech does not offer all the same mice in corded versions. They seem to be different offerings for corded and cordless, although with some overlap. I actually prefer a corded mouse, as I will be using it with a stationary computer. I'd prefer not to have the additional the hassle and waste of using batteries.

The Evoluent looks interesting. Whatever I choose, I'd like to try it out in person before buying, however.

Microsoft mice don't look bad, but I'd rather avoid the company altogether if possible.

8. ljones, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2011

ljones macrumors regular

I'm very particular about my mouse, so i bought 3 of the Logitech MX500's before they went out of stock.

I've been waiting for a replacement, but nothing seems to match what i want. The MX500 has 8 buttons, which is a much for my work flow.