Ergonomical Backpack for MBP?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by hystery, Apr 17, 2011.

1. hystery, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011

hystery macrumors member

Hi there.

A week ago I purchased Booq Sueeze backpack for daily commute, which is later turned out to be wrong choice. It looks cool and can hold things I need, but... here are reasons:
    1. The area shoulder straps have cushion is quite short and straps are quite unmovable that it can't fit my shoulder really. Carrying it for just 5-10 mins hurts my shoulder.
    2. Too much faithfullness in its name. It's really "squeeze", it really doesn't have play in it (no even a little space/room). It allows to squeeze things, but when the zippers are closed things push each other. In my case, small hair wax case gives pressure my MBP. I don't think it would break the screen of the laptop, but it just doesn't feel good to keep doing it everyday.

Because of these 2 reasons I started to find a nice (ergonomical) backpack again. What I've found nice so far is:

Convertec - Racer Computer Backpack
    Briggs and Riley - Glide
    Tumi - Arrivé backpack

These three.

If you know any good ergonomical backpack which can hold a laptop, or if you could drop some impressions/review if any of you are one of those user I'd appreciate it, especially Briggs&RIley Glide review (Does it have enough space to put water bottle, two A4 sized books, 13" MBP, wallet, small gadgets and small things like hair wax, hand cream...etc).
    Sorry for muddly writing I did my best but this isn't my primaly lang...

Thanks!

2. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

I have the Crumpler Beer Back which is an amazing backpack. It holds my 15" MBP perfectly (even though it's meant for the 17" - I wanted the extra room. The 15" model is called the King Single).

It's comfortable on my back for hours, has tons of room for everything, and it's great. The only downside is the price, but its completely waterproof and has a lifetime warranty.

3. hystery thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for advice. I had never heard of the brand, it looks nice. The one you recommended is bulky for me though, other models seem nice too.