Ericsson w580 compatible with Leopard?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by powz, Nov 10, 2007.

1. powz macrumors regular

I'm thinking of getting the Ericsson w580 cell phone. Does anyone know if it is compatible with Leopard, particularly with iSync and syncing music files? I heard that syncing with the Ericcson w810 was really slow (not to mention the included Sony software was Windows only), so I was just wondering it's the same deal with the w580.

Thanks all!

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Most, if not all, Sony Ericsson phones are compatible with iSync.

3. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

if you have it you could answer the question.

5. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

you dont really need isync, just use the usb cable that comes with it, connect it to the computer, and drag-n-drop the files onto the phone

6. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

The phone is NOT natively supported in iSync, but there are some 3rd party plugins you can install to get support. http://www.feisar.com/plugins.html is what I used. It costs a little money, but does its job very well.

I don't actually have the w580, but I have the s500 which is essentially the same phone.

7. powz thread starter macrumors regular

Great, thanks for the replies! For those who have the phone, how fast is transferring files via USB and bluetooth? And would you consider it an acceptable iPod replacement? Currently my carrier (Rogers) offers this phone with an 8 GB card, so I'm hoping to replace my aging iPod with it. Thanks again for any help.

8. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

its pretty good, the walkman interface MAY be complicated at first, but its good, album art, visualizations, everything! i have posted a review online here: http://youtube.com/view_play_list?p=BE19E825DA07C6FA
    its a playlist, it will say in the title that its not complete, but it is, just click play all to see all the videos of the review

9. powz thread starter macrumors regular

10. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

you saw it? sweet! my youtube channel is perhaps the dullest on youtube, but ever since that review of my phone, iv been getting over 200 hits everyday!... only because there arent a lot of review on my phone on youtube, anyways, im heading off topic, back on topic