ermahgerd, iperd.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by GKDAIR, Aug 25, 2012.

1. GKDAIR macrumors regular

So I awoke this morning to find that my refund check had come into my bank account, meaning tomorrow I can go and get my ipad.

I'm struggling between 32 and 64 gigs. I have a 32 gig iphone, and I have never come close to using all of its space, however with the Ipad I would of course use it for a lot more than my phone, I mean it would practically be a 2nd laptop.

I stream a lot of movies, so no space needed there, but I would love to buy some movies to show of the retina display honestly.

I wouldn't write any college papers on it, but I would edit them here and there. Of course all of my music would be on there.

I plan on keeping the ipad for at least 2-3 years, I want to get rid of it the same time I get rid of my Macbook Air (2011). If I got the 64 gig I would get applecare and a case. With the 32 I wouldn't get applecare but I would get a case.

2. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Movies are a poor way to show off the retina display, unless you can manage to find one in the full 2056x1540 resolution, which would easily take up all 64gb of your iPad.

If you aren't planning on getting a load of movies, 32 should be fine. I have over 120 apps, some are 300-400mb, and a few gigs of comics/books, yet I still have 6gb remaining.

3. madsci954 macrumors 68030