err = 9006 in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mshepp, Mar 7, 2012.

1. mshepp macrumors member

I'm having trouble downloading an item from iTunes and nothing that Apple support are suggesting seems to be working so I was wondering if anyone on here could help.

The item I am trying to download is a film and there were three parts to it. A standard version and an HD version of the film itself and an iTunes extras file. Everything but the HD version have downloaded correctly, it's stuck at 2.50GB of 4.07GB. I have tried signing out of iTunes, deauthorizing the account, quitting iTunes, turning my firewall off, restarting my iMac but the same error message is displayed.

So far Apple support have suggested it is a 3rd party web accelerator causing the issue or my firewall. My iMac is pretty new and to my knowledge there is no web accelerator installed and the only firewall I'm using is the one that comes with Lion.

I would be very grateful if anyone around here had some suggestions of things that I could try.

Thanks in advance.

2. exiledsoul macrumors newbie

I've been having this problem for the past 3 days. I didn't install any software and I didn't change anything in my setup. I did the mac software update and installed iTunes 10.6 at the same time. It's only happening when I download podcasts. Strangely enough, some download fine and others not. So far the pattern I see is that Podcasts issued by Radio France have this problem, not others. Very weird, and I can't find a solution anywhere. I reinstalled iTunes and that didn't change anything.