Erratic Battery status iPhone 6S+

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by al2813, Oct 25, 2016.

1. al2813 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Since this morning, my iPhone 6S+ is an showing erratic battery power meter. It was at 100% in the morning and when I got to my lunch break, I saw it was at 38% - much lower than normal. after more intensive usage over lunch (checking apps, doing a bit of mail etc.), he was at 19%. A quick charge in my car going back to the office and it is back to 28% (normally the car USB port only allows the phone to maintain it's battery or slightly increase it - this is not normal. Getting back at my desk I charged the phone and it was back at 60% at no time at all - again abnormal behavior. The phone than was doing fun in the afternoon reducing to around 48% - very normal behavior. Drove home, connected the phone to the car cable. I was on the phone the entire 50 minutes drive and when I reached home it was at 18% - again not normal.

Any idea about this symptom - should I reset the phone, or I need to take it to the Apple store?

2. beernut macrumors 6502

restart the phone, charge it overnight to 100%, and see how it plays out tomorrow