Erratic Behaviour, now MacBook Pro won't turn on

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sbarrios93, Nov 14, 2015.

1. sbarrios93, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015

sbarrios93 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

So around May this year I upgraded my 2012 MacBook Pro with an SSD (using the OWC data doubler) and I added more ram.

Around 3 months ago or so my computer started turning off randomly when moved or pressed in certain areas (not always though, and sometimes it just shutted off without me doing anything).

I opened it again yesterday to check if there was some loose cable or something not plugged right but I couldn't find anything wrong. After that the computer seemed to be fixed as it wouldn't turn off when shaked, moved, etc. Or I thought...because that night the computer shutted off and I couldn't turn it on again until I shook it a little bit.

This happened again today but now it won't turn on even if i shake it. I tried resetting the SMC but nothing happened.

Hope anybody knows what can I do, thanks guys!

EDIT: It turned on again, but I had to bang it really hard against the table.

2. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

As a first step, try replacing the new RAM with the original RAM. It sounds like a chip on the OWC RAM may have gone bad and it's progressed to where it won't boot. If that works, then you've found your problem. If not, then it could be the SSD.