Erratic Bluetooth, worse with the new Apple keyboard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by big_malk, Feb 12, 2008.

1. big_malk macrumors 6502a

My mac pro BT seems to be a bit wonky theses days, it started with not being able to transfer files from my K800i, then syncing stop working reliably (although not completely). My BT keyboard & mouse worked almost perfectly, but now and then stopped responding for a minute or so, then caught up and everything I had clicked on/typed while they weren't responding happened almost all at once.
    Since I got the new Apple keyboard, the keyboard & mouse seems to freeze up more often, and the mouse goes juddery a few times a day. While I was tying this the grey box popped up saying the connection to my keyboard was lost, but the keyboard was still working perfectly :confused:

Any suggestions? This is a most infuriating problem!

Edit: Errm... I meant erratic, not erotic *embarrassed face*... I like Apple... but not quite that much!! (Can I change the title?)

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Click "Go Advanced" in the edit screen, and you should be able to adjust the title... though I got a laugh out of it.

No actual suggestions, although I've heard people say that un-pairing and re-pairing your devices may help. My non-Apple Bluetooth mouse has worked fine under Tiger and Leopard, though the range was absolute garbage.

3. big_malk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks I didn't notice the advanced option... maybe I should have left it to get attention tho :)

I've tried un-pairing and re-pairing, works so far but I'll have to wait and see if it solves the issue long term. Thanks for the advice!

4. big_malk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nope, unfortunately I still have the same issues with my keyboard and mouse :( apparent lost connection but it still works, stuttery mouse, cant connect my K800i.

Any other suggestions?

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

This may sound dumb, but seriously, if you can, try moving the mac and keyboard/mouse to a other part of the room and see if things improve.

If it does, it could be RF interference. The wireless keyboard and mice share the same unlicensed frequencies as WiFi and bluetooth headsets, so all it takes is an errant Wifi router or two nearby to cause problems.

6. big_malk thread starter macrumors 6502a

My Mac Pro is usually the only WiFi/BT device in range (apart from the base station obviously), and the WiFi is always on, so I don't suspect that's a likely cause. If it were, I'd expect the interference to be more regular?