Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hxlover904

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
Is anyone else having issues with their time fluctuating randomly? Both my gf and I have been experiencing this the last couple of days. One minute the time on the phone will read right, the next it will read 3 hours behind the real time. The next minute it will be right again. The "Setting Time Zone" toggle doesn't effect this at all. Any suggestions?

applejuice99

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2013
Is anyone else having issues with their time fluctuating randomly? Both my gf and I have been experiencing this the last couple of days. One minute the time on the phone will read right, the next it will read 3 hours behind the real time. The next minute it will be right again. The "Setting Time Zone" toggle doesn't effect this at all. Any suggestions?

I've never had this issue but, if I were you, I would just set the time on your phone manually. It is much more reliable than allowing it to fluctuate with no certainty of it staying accurate.

jblu07

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2010
Yea im having the same problem.

I just had my (verizon) iphone 5s replaced in london. im assuming its refurbished.
It was set to 7.0.6 and i was able to restore from a previous backup of 7.1.1 and jailbreak it, yet now im noticing this issue.
Im currently on the EE network which is also tmobile.

So yea i dont know what to do, changing it from automatic to setting it manual doesn't make a difference, eventually the time goes off

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.