Errattic Battery Meter

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by patvet10, May 4, 2010.

1. patvet10 macrumors newbie

Hello all, just jailbroke today with Spirit on my 3GS 3.13. My battery will show an amount like 89 then jump up to 98. What is going on here? If I shut it off it will go back down then jump right back up.

2. Geoff. macrumors 6502

Geoff.

3. patvet10 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I did a restore, still having this battery problem. I never had it before I installed the spirit jailbreak. So I don't know what is going on. I can't believe that no-one else has this problem. Should I do a restore and take it back to apple?

4. TechWhore macrumors regular

I had the same issue on 3.1.2 i revirginized my iPhone and all was well again. I did the spirit hack when it came out on 3.1.3, and I'm experiencing the same erratic battery life, also to not I have noticed a significant drain in all around battery life with just winterboard installed.

5. luvu01 macrumors regular

6. patvet10 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I am on 3.13 so I have no idea what is going on here. I let the battery drain all the way to dead, and I am recharging now. I will keep you guys posted. It still seems like I am having the erratic battery readings.

7. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

i have had this on 3.1.2 and seen a few reports similar.
    Lasted about a day and then was totally fine, which was basically the only 'fix' i could find online.
    My advice is just to leave it for a while before committing to a full restore, and the hassle that can bring.

8. Toraen macrumors member

I do not believe this is related to jailbreaks.

My 3.1.3/3GS does this quite frequently. It's usually minor, like after a full charge I'll unplug and it'll quickly drop to 99 or 98% - then if I restart my phone it says 100%.

Then I've also had the jump ups like you describe. Almost like the battery took a quick reading, then went back for more details.

Other times my phone would get warm and start draining battery quickly - I'd restart and it would show like 3% then jump to 22% or the like.

Could be a faulty battery sensor, or something with how the 3GS works, or even a software bug.