error(1) NOT -1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LordZc, Jan 15, 2014.

1. LordZc macrumors newbie

I have a brand new iphone 5s. I have been using it for less than a month now. Not even a single scratch exists on it and never have i dropped it. Today, the phone would not detect the signal and I was getting "searching" in the top left corner of my screen. So i figured this might be a software issue. I went back home and decided to restore it. I have the latest Ios ipsw file 7.0.4 as well as the latest itunes software. I tried to restore 10 times. I am getting error 1 at about 70% of the process. I tried on another computer. same problem. now i am stuck in a recovery loop. Any suggestions any1?

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Have your tried a DFU restore? Could be a hardware issue as well.

3. LordZc thread starter macrumors newbie

i put it in DFU mode and restored using itunes.. same error

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'd take it into Apple. I had a similar problem with my 5s when trying to upgrade from 7.0 to 7.0.4 using iTunes. I was able to upgrade kick it out of recovery using TinyUmbrella, but it still wouldn't restore using iTunes.

5. LordZc thread starter macrumors newbie

I live in a third world country. Lebanon. We do not have an apple company here. can you guide me through the tiny umbrella process?

----------

Can you guide me through the tiny umbrella process?

6. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Why not a certified Apple technician shop, if you have any there? They'll be able to help, I'm sure.

7. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Eh, I think I found a guide on youtube? the process is honestly pretty easy, but I can't recall the specifics.

There are a lot of countries with limited or nonexistent Apple support or service.

8. LordZc thread starter macrumors newbie

can you try to find it for me? so its mainly a software issue? that is a relief..