Error -1005F (internet error)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by inewbboob, Dec 7, 2011.

1. inewbboob macrumors newbie

okay so i am a major mac newbie and i just got my brand new imac 21.5 i5 out the box on Monday. After 24 hrs of basically getting to know the imac, last night i checked for updates and found it needed to “critical updates” according to the mac, i installed them and it needed a restart according to the update (so i did that before going to bed) ………. I woke up this morning to a blinking folder with a question mark. I followed the manual that came with the imac (option and power) it gave me “repair internet connection” i clicked it and it gave me this error ” -1005F ” Has anyone heard of this happening after an update and what is the solution.I am on the phone now with APPLE CARE and they are baffled lmao.....

ive tried command "r" on boot up and getting "internet recovery" for a fast sec then back to the error message " -1005F "

2. cteselle macrumors newbie

A friend of mine had this same issue this week. Odd.

On my friends' when we started up while holding option, and we didn't get any of the typical boot options, so I'm guessing it's disk or disk controller related. We tried restarting about 10 times, it successfully booted up once. I google'd the -1005f error and didn't see anything conclusive as to what the issue might be.

I'd suggest returning it to the store you got it at, and picking up a new one. If it's only a few days old, I'm sure you don't won't want to deal with getting it to apple and waiting for them to fix it. Good luck!

3. mattysouthall macrumors member

Does anyone know what this error is, I got a mac which shows error -1005f on internet recovery?