Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

liptonlover

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
This has happened to me before, and a restore of my iPod solved the problem. But it happened again, and now restoring didn't fix it.

I have a 2g 16gb Touch, running OS 3.1.2, it is NOT jailbroken. My iTunes is 9.0.2.

When I sync my Touch it goes through everything like it normally should. It backs up, updates the music and everything, etc. But after it's finished it pops up a problem dialog box saying 'The iPod "iPod touch" cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (13019).'

When I run my iPod and go through it, nothing that was supposedly synced is there. All I tried adding this last time was 4 songs and a bunch of lyrics and song ratings, and podcasts. So I don't know if this extends to videos or applications but I'm assuming it does.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Nate

liptonlover

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Ok in addition songs are seemingly randomly 'breaking' now. When I try playing them on my iPod it pauses briefly then skips to the next playable song. I don't see any relation to the songs it's refusing to play... Some have been bought through iTunes, some ripped from CDs, some stuff downloaded online, etc.

liptonlover

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
Ok thanks. I already had voice memos not syncing. I tried the unsync music, sync ipod, and resync music solution and that worked.

Thanks! Nate

eddiethedog

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2011
I had the same prob after updating my iphone 3gs fron v3 to 4.3, kept getting the error, tried everything from ticking sync on off rebooting everything, deleting voice recordings etc, nothing worked, moved music out of music folder, deleted music from itunes and left a couple of tracks, tried everything again still kept getting the 13019, all this on a Win 7 PC 6gb i5.

So I solved it, worked for me, may not work for you, but I'm sure when you try everything else its worth trying something else.

I connected it to my old PC, Win XP but still had the latest itunes on it, obviously it said that it had to delete all the music on my iphone as you cant sync with two pc's, fine, let it establish a relationship with the old PC and it synced with no error message, then I connected it to the Win 7 pc and yes let it delete music and establish a new relationship again and it synced no problem. Everything is now fine and I can either set it to sync all music or selective, works fine. Good luck

Queena820

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2011
Error 13019

Hello everyone
I have been battling this issue for DAYS! I have taken ALL of the advice on this forum but nothing worked.
I had my iTunes library on an external HD. It was dying so I moved to to a new one. As soon as I tried to update my itouch (second generation) I started getting this error. I moved the library to my computer and disconnected the external. I changed my preferences in iTunes to locate the files. I then let iTunes go ahead and organize my library. I still got the error. I unsynched my music, then tried to synch it back...that didn't work. I restored my ipod to factory...that didn't work. I made sure I had no song duplicates or voice memos...that didn't work.

In a last ditch effort, I got rid of my old playlists. Even the Genius playlists. Then I made one new one and tried synching my ipod....IT WORKED! So I did another and re-syched, still no error. Then I got brave and checked a Genius playlist...everything is still good.

I don't know what anyone's individual issues may be. I would advise to try all the simple resolutions here first. If you have moved any music at all it seems that you might need to try deleting playlists and starting over. After 4 days on this problem I am relieved to say I FINALLY got it. Hope this helps anyone as frustrated as I was.

Reactions: SWAT92

Chilixx326

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2012
iPod Touch error?!

Hey everyone,

I've gone through every step I've seen posted. I restored my iPod, removed the voice memos, and clicked and unchecked the box for syncing music.

I have recently just bought a Mac and have put new music into my new iTunes along with the other purchased music I authorized and downloaded into my new iTunes. The iPod goes through 3 steps of syncing and then stops. I CANNOT figure out how to fix it. I've been battling this for days now and am very frustrated. My only next step I've found is to call apple support and pay a 29 $ fee to have them fix it which I don't want to do.

If anyone can help, it'd be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.