Error 1303 when installing software on Parallels

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by minutesmatter, Jun 6, 2011.

1. minutesmatter macrumors newbie

minutesmatter

I am fairly new to Mac world (6 - 7 months). I own a software company and our software is PC based, however, many of our customers (Interior Designers) are purchasing Macs to run their business and adding Parallels or VMFusion so they can run QuickBooks and our graphic software Studio. NOTE: The QuickBooks for Mac does not have all the features we need to create the type of proposals in our business, therefore, we recommend QuickBooks Premier Contractor editions for our customers.

Question #1 MY CUSTOMER's MAC:
    One of our customers installed Parallels on her Mac and received error code 1303 "the permission error message." She does not have any anti-virus installed on the Windows side. (Windows 7 64 bit) She is ready to return her Mac, but I know she'll be happy if I can help get Studio installed on the Parallels side. I like have the best of both worlds. :) We have had her install FireFox on the Parallels side to download our software and even cleaned out her registry. Most of our customers are able to install Studio and QuickBooks without a problem but . . . there are a few that have issues.

Question #2 for MY MAC:
    I have allocated 2 GB for memory on the Parallels side. I have a total of 6 GB of memory. But my heavy memory using programs are going to be on the Parallels side. I am using Microsoft Office for Mac and Aperture on the Mac side but everything else is cloud based. Should I allot more memory to the Parallels side?

2. minutesmatter thread starter macrumors newbie

minutesmatter

I found my answer to question #1 for my customer. I compared my Configure settings on my Mac with her Mac and found out she was sharing her Mac user folders with Windows. Unchecked that box and all is well now.

3. Sandy20 macrumors newbie

Solve Error 1303

A number of users asked a similar question, “How do I fix error 1303 Windows 7?” This article contains guidelines and step by step instructions to fix error 1303 to troubleshoot your computer:

Allow Full Security Permissions to Program Data Folder
    Remove Junk and Obsolete Registry References
    Switch Users and Log-In from Administrator User Account
    Disable Antivirus and Firewall Protections