Error 1600&1604 trying to restore+JB

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nero44, Jul 16, 2010.

1. nero44 macrumors member

Hi there,

I am trying to recover a bricked 3GS (iBoot-359.x) for a friend. It was JB+unlocked before but I do not know which tool or method was used. I successfully used pwnage tool on my old 1st gen phone and never encountered any problems.

So, I created a custom FW (unfortunately I clicked "pls activate") and uploaded ios4. Upgrade was without any problems but then I had no signal. So I read up on this and realised I should not have enabled the "pls activate" function as it was already activated and unlocked. Created a new custom FW using ios4 and tried to upload but I am getting the above errors (1600 in DFU and 1604 in rec mode) before any upgrading starts and the phone will always stay in recovery mode.

Now the only way to get out of there was to restore using original apple ios4 FW, which does work fine but then the phone is not activated and I assume simlocked. Everytime I try to get a custom FW on the phone I get the above errors and I need to restore with original ios4. I also tried to restore with an older FW 3.1.2 and 3.0, to check if a custom FW of this verions would work but trying to restore with the original apple FW 3.x does not work. Itunes says that this fw is not applicable to the device.

On the bottom line I have an unactivated locked (probably now un-JBed) 3GS with ios4. Anyone here could help me to get this phone activated and unlocked? (dont mind if its on ios4 or fw 3.x).

ps I used the newest release of pnwage tools 4.01 for the above steps.

any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Hi there,

Unfortunately you are stuck on 4.0 w/ the 3GS until the new JB comes out from the dev team...

UNLESS - you have saved hashes for 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 and you can downgrade.

Hope that helps,
    Brian

3. nero44 thread starter macrumors member

hi brian,

thanks for the reply. I assume a simple downgrade to the original FW 3.1.2 would als not be possible?

I was given this phone non-functioning, so unless itunes or pwnage tool does something that would save hashes somehow before any upgrade I could reasonably assume the answer is no.

are new JBs usually published within a week or more like a month?

4. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

No word on when the new JB will be ready, though we all hope soon.

Use a program called TinyUmbrella to see if the 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 SHSH are on file - if they are not, you are in the same boat as a lot of people - waiting.

good luck

5. nero44 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you.

6. nero44 thread starter macrumors member

just to be sure... saw this in tinyumbrella:
    Device: iPhone3GS 4.0 (8A293)
    Model: MC145C/A
    Name: iPhone
    Baseband: 05.13.04 - 6.4_M3S2

With this I do need to wait for a new JB from dev right? Unfortunately there are no old SHSHs to recover...

7. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Gonna have to wait. Sorry about that but welcome to the club :D

8. nero44 thread starter macrumors member

UPDATE:
    after reading a lot about SHSH etc. it seems like the person who JBed this phone before was clever enough to store 3.1.2 somehow. I followed this http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/downgrade-iphone-3g-3gs-from-ios-4-to-3-1-2/ step by step and it seems to have worked. phone is running

last thing is to make it simfree but cydia closes on relaunch and SSH does not work. but maybe I will figure this out somehow.