error 1600 on uploading custom ipsw

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by steigw, Jul 12, 2011.

1. steigw macrumors newbie

I have a phone that iREB reports as being in DFU mode. I'm trying to upload a sn0wbreeze built IPSW via iTunes and am getting a 1600 error message.

first time I got this error, it was because the phone (2g) wasn't in DFU mode. But now iREB confirms it is.

I'm totally stuck. What can I do? Something wrong with the ipsw file?

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Put it back in DFU mode and restore with an official 3.1.2 ipsw. Jailbreak with redsn0w. Then you're good to go.

3. steigw thread starter macrumors newbie

Can I use a current redsn0w release or do I need to use what was current back then (0.9.4).

4. steigw thread starter macrumors newbie

I should mention that I've tried 0.9.4, but this phone has a broken power button, so I can't get it into DFU mode through the convention means.

I had to upload a messed up IPSW file to throw the phone into DFU. So that's where I get stuck as well.

5. steigw thread starter macrumors newbie

I've made it to where I have a big snowflake on my screen and the message that says its ready for files (can't remember exact wording). However, when I upload the ipsw, I get an error 6 from iTunes. Apple says that has something to do with my tcp window size being messed up. Any ideas guys?